HS 37 - INTRODUCTION TO CRIMINOLOGY
Learning ObjectivesUpon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
1. Compare social structure and social process in law and society.
2. Discuss the history of crime, law and society.
3. Describe a minimum of five ways social status affects crime rates.
4. Identify cultural, economic and other behavioral factors in crime.
5. Identify the psychological factors involved in criminal behavior
in crimes such as assault, rape, child molesting and murder.
6. Describe forces affecting criminal behavior.
7. Describe the role of the community and other groups in developing
criminal social policy.
8. Describe the role of the criminal justice system in deterring and
preventing criminal activity.
9. Identify a minimum of five other topics or themes introduced by
selected guest lecturers.