HS 37 - INTRODUCTION TO CRIMINOLOGY
Learning ObjectivesUpon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
1. Identify cultural, economic and other behavioral factors in crime.
2. Identify the various biopsychosocial theoretical models that influence criminal behaviors.
3. Describe the role of the criminal justice system in deterring and preventing criminal activity.
4. Describe various components contributing to criminal behavior in the United States.
5. Identify major categories of crime and its negative impacts on society.
6. Identify major theories of crime and delinquency and critically assess the policy implications of those theories.