GIS211 - INTERMEDIATE GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS (GIS)
Learning ObjectivesUpon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
1. Collect GIS data from various sources.
2. Translate data from one source type to another.
3. Create original GIS data based on existing digital information.
4. Create original GIS data based on non-digital input.
5. Use GPS as data collection method.
6. Apply topological logic to GIS data.
7. Demonstrate advanced cartographic skills.
8. Program new functionality to GIS interface.
9. Utilize raster data in problem solving and site analysis.
10. Access additional GIS functionality.
11. Work in a group environment to solve a given multi-faceted GIS problem.