Elizabeth HoranDistance Learning Librarian - Associate Professor
Phone: (949) 582-4684
Elizabeth joined Saddleback College in August 2008 as the Distance Learning Librarian. Her responsibilities include traditional and NON traditional Library Services and Instruction. Elizabeth created the Saddleback Library YouTUBE channel is also an Instructional Designer who teaches in the Online Educator program at Saddleback College.
Prior to joining Saddleback College, Elizabeth worked at Coastline College as a part-time librarian and media specialist and as a commercial photographer in Orange County and San Luis Obispo.
In her spare time, Elizabeth enjoys photography, travel, cooking, camping, and spending time in the great outdoors.Education:
- M.S.I.D.T. Instructional Design Technology, California State University Fullerton
- M.L.I.S. Archives and Academic Libraries, San Jose State University
- B.S. Photography and Digital Imaging, California Polytechnic State University San Luis Obispo
- A.A. Photography, Orange Coast College
Recent Conferences/Professional Development:
- "Embedded Library Instruction Workshop" CCL. October 2012
- Council of Chief Librarians California Community Colleges Electronic Access and Resources Committee (CCL_EAR) Regional Representative. 2012-2013
- "Achieving Information Literacy and Competence" Turn-it-in Webcast Presenter, January 2012
- "Integrating iPads and Tablet Computers into Library Services" ALA. October 2011.
- "The Future-Ready Infromation Professional: Adding Value through Agility, Innovation, and Collaboration!" SLA. October 2011.
- "Faculty Learning Community Developers' and Facilitators' Summer Institute" June 2011.
- "Online Teaching Conference" June 2011.
- "Bringing Design to Online" SCIL Workshop. May 2011.
- American Libraries Association
- Association of College and Research Libraries
- Library and Information Technology Association
- Society of American Archivists
- Society of California Archivists
- Wine Librarians Association
- User design
- Information Technology
- Archival Studies
- Assessment Methods