Laura DuvallAssociate Faculty
M.A. - California State University, Northridge; General-Experimental Psychology
B.A. - University of California, Santa Barbara; Psychology and Sociology
Laura Duvall joined Saddleback College in 2011, prior to joining Saddleback she worked in Illinois as a tenured Psychology Professor, at Heartland Community College, for over 17 years.
In the Summer of 2012 she will be teaching PSYC 1: Introduction to Psychology; this is a six-week second-session summer course which runs from July 2 to August 8. All courses include a Blackboard supplement.
For information on Laura's courses, including sample syllabi, textbook information, and help with Blackboard, please go to her faculty website at: http://www.saddleback.edu/faculty/lduvall/ (if this link does not work please click the link at the top of this page)
In addition to a passion for the teaching of psychology, Laura also has a great love for travel and experiencing other cultures. She has traveled extensively across the United States and Brazil, and has also spent time visiting 18 other countries.
Honors and Awards
- Quality Service Award - For outstanding service to the college, Heartland Community College, 2010
- Outstanding Faculty Member - Full-time faculty member of the year, Heartland Community College, 2004
- Diversity Award - For special committment and effort in support of diversity, Heartland Community College, 2003
Recent Professional Presentations
- Effective Online Education - The Online Educational Network, 2012
- Revising the Psychology Curriculum to allign Student Learning Outcomes with College General Education Outcomes - Illinois Assessment Conference, 2011
- Effectively Coping with Incivilities - Western Psychological Association Terman Excellence in Teaching Pre-Conference, 2010