GIS 110 - INTRODUCTION TO GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS (GIS)
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
1. Define Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
2. Identify and evaluate GIS data sources and the importance of metadata.
3. Demonstrate the process of converting analogue data to digital data for use in a GIS.
4. Identify, compare and contrast vector and raster GIS.
5. Evaluate the capabilities of various GIS software programs.
6. Apply cartographic principles of scale, resolution, projection and data management to a problem of a geographic nature.
Apply spatial analysis functions on a GIS to solve a Geospatial problem.
Copyright © 2000 - 2017 South Orange County Community College District. All Rights Reserved. Version: 2.0