search
close
CLASS SCHEDULE menu
Journalism Spring 2013
JRN 1 - MASS MEDIA AND SOCIETY
Units: 3
Media functions, practices, responsibilities and influences. Also, law, ethics, history and future developments. Also listed as CTVR 1 (formerly CA 1). Credit given in either area, not both.
eventMeets from: 1/22/2013 to 5/23/2013
TICKETSEAT COUNTDAYTIMELOCATIONINSTRUCTORINFO
Open Seats: NoneM7:00PM - 10:00roomLRC 148 personM. ReedsubjectDetails
library_booksBooks
Open Seats: None T Th10:30AM - 11:45roomLRC 148 personJ. WestcottsubjectDetails
library_booksBooks
Open Seats: None T Th12:00PM - 1:15roomLRC 148 personJ. WestcottsubjectDetails
library_booksBooks
Open Seats: None W3:00PM - 5:50roomLRC 148 personA. Aguilar
personM. Reed
subjectDetails
library_booksBooks
Open Seats: None Th7:00PM - 9:50roomLRC 148 personJ. Brody
personM. Shults
subjectDetails
library_booksBooks
descriptionStaff: Brody & Shults
JRN 2 - NEWS WRITING
Emphasizes news writing and reporting, methods of news gathering, organization, and writing of articles. Includes the interpretation of significant news events and studies techniques of in-depth reporting.
eventFull term: 1/22/2013 to 5/23/2013
TICKETSEAT COUNTDAYTIMELOCATIONINSTRUCTORINFO
Open Seats: NoneM W10:30AM - 11:45roomLRC 117 personA. AguilarsubjectDetails
library_booksBooks
Open Seats: None T Th9:00AM - 10:15roomLRC 117 personA. AguilarsubjectDetails
library_booksBooks
JRN 105 - FEATURE WRITING
Units: 3
An in-depth study of commercial magazines and company publications including purposes, formats, requirements, feature requirements, market studies, and manuscript submission policies.
eventFull term: 1/22/2013 to 5/23/2013
TICKETSEAT COUNTDAYTIMELOCATIONINSTRUCTORINFO
Open Seats: None Th4:00PM - 6:50roomLRC 117 personS. HayssubjectDetails
library_booksBooks
descriptionTkt #10640 is a hybrid course. Hybrid courses combine traditional and online instruction. This hybrid course will meet on-campus 25% of the time and the other 75% will be taught online. Available online 1/22/13. See online access instructions at http://www.saddleback.edu/de/faq.html
JRN 120 - NEWSPAPER PUBLICATION
Units: 4
Emphasizes news gathering, judging news values, writing news stories and features, and working as a staff member on the college newspaper and other publications.
eventFull term: 1/22/2013 to 5/23/2013
TICKETSEAT COUNTDAYTIMELOCATIONINSTRUCTORINFO
Open Seats: NoneM W (Lec)
M (Lab)
12:00PM - 1:20
1:30PM - 4:20
roomLRC 116 personA. AguilarsubjectDetails
library_booksBooks
descriptionTkt #10645 requires three hours of lab per week.
JRN 125 - MAGAZINE JOURNALISM
Units: 3
Introduces distinctive elements of magazine journalism. Provides firsthand experience in the various phases of producing a magazine.
eventFull term: 1/22/2013 to 5/23/2013
TICKETSEAT COUNTDAYTIMELOCATIONINSTRUCTORINFO
Open Seats: None W6:00PM - 9:50roomLRC 116 personA. AguilarsubjectDetails
library_booksBooks